Saturday, October 20, 2007

Shopping

While I played yesterday, my sister visiting from Iowa spent time with our mother.

They played canasta but my mother lost interest quickly.

So, they went shopping.

The big focus right now is finding a bedspread. When we were preparing her for moving in, we had gone shopping and we chose (fairly quickly, I admit, due to limited time and energy) a duvet cover for her daybed, with lots of bright pink. When she got it home and used it a week, we both admitted it looked sloppy. Mom has talked of loving some linens with 'cabbage roses' in pink that she had years ago. But after exhaustive search in stores and on the internet, we find nothing she's happy with. My sister found nothing either when shopping with her yesterday.

And, talking to her, she is fine with the 50-year-old threadbare blue blanket. (Apparently.) (For now anyway)

I'm not sure how that looks better than a sloppy down comforter.

So - my next internal mental debate is... do I continue to push the bedspread issue for ME, or do I just let her have the dorm-room look (along with clothes on the floor, surfaces piled with junk). Or maybe there is a middle ground. Maybe I do some things for ME - so I enjoy being in that room - and ignore other things.

(Does start sounding like the struggles of a parent of a 7-year-old.) Sigh.

No comments: