Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rinse and repeat.

So, the subtitle of this blog says that this will focus on what Mom's care does to her, but also to me, and to my relationship with my family and siblings. 

I've started several posts, and abandoned them.  They were just rehash of where I've been before, what I've said before.  Nothing new, nothing insightful, nothing really very interesting.  

But I guess that's the point of exactly where I am in this place of caring for Mom.  Yes, I have some adrenaline surging about the poor care in her soon-to-be-former home, and some planning and project-management skills surging in looking for the new place.  Many sleepless nights as my mind obsesses about Mom - last night, I couldn't sleep because of thinking about what we'll do for a dresser for her.  (Silly, eh?) So, there are some recent variations in Groundhog Day. 

But, overall, this is still just 'Rinse. Repeat."  (Which is basically the punchline of, "Why did they find the blonde dead, lying in the shower after a week, clutching a bottle of shampoo?  The shampoo bottle said, Shampoo. Rinse, Repeat.)   

In this blog, I could repeat old themes:  My sister has been great.  My brother does not seem to be very engaged.  I am hungry for my next adventure.  I am honored to have the role of supporting someone approaching death. I have grown ... though sometimes reluctantly.  Same themes.  Same posts.  Same same same same. 

Rinse and repeat. 

Rinse and repeat. 

No comments: