Sunday, February 7, 2010

Opening up...

So, I've kept this blog as my own secret place to talk to the void.  No one has known about it, not my sister, not my husband.  Just me.

And it's time to share with my sister.  Welcome Marilyn!  And, if Marilyn wants to share it, welcome, oh friends and family of Marilyn.

I wonder if I will write more or less or differently if I now feel like I have an audience?  I don't know if it's good or bad - just different.

I've found another blog I really like:  http://midlifemidcape.wordpress.com/.  A man writes about his caring for his father in his home.  Of course, that's different than my situation, but I have enjoyed reading it.

And I wonder if I might do a blog (a public, visible, public-service kind of thing, like for MONEY) about elder care.  Lots of us baby-boomers that may embrace some help.  Or maybe not.  Right now all this feels pretty ... close.

And marilyn and friends, I apologize for any unguarded comments or any blathering on or looooooonnnnnngggggg posts.  And Marilyn, let me know if there's anything I need to edit out.  When one is writing to the void, one speaks frankly.

I love you, Marilyn.  You are loyal and loving and supportive.  Even if you can't be here to lend a hand with daily stuff, your words bolster and comfort and balance me.  THANK YOU.  I love you.

No comments: