Friday, December 7, 2007

So, life has settled mostly into a routine at this point. On weekends, I set out her pills for the week. I usually take her out shopping once a week. During the week, I stop by after work about 4 days, and call daily. I take her to some of her doctor's appointments, though she does have rides from the center as well.

There are still tasks to be done but they are not time-critical. I need to go to a lawyer to see what papers need to be updated. Get her an identification card. Change some auto-payments to her new bank account. File insurance papers. Pay her bills. Sort through her storage unit to find what needs to be brought in from the cold, what needs to be moved to the adult family who is designated to receive her excess items. Move things into her apartment. There are more, but those are the routine.

Less drama. More routine. Just a relentless awareness of her needs.

No comments: